Sunday, October 5, 2014

Projects

Last week I did not make a public post. Instead I sent a picture of our house to immediate family.

The last couple of weeks have been project after project at our house. All of these projects will eventually (hopefully) lead to our house being unpacked, organized and maybe even decorated.



We started by building Eden's crib and moving her upstairs to her own room. In the now open space in our room we built and awesome desk and shelf.



The next project was unpacking and cleaning up the remaining boxes in our room so that we could move the remaining boxes out of Eden's room. Our room is unpacked but there are still some items in Eden's room in need of putting away.

We then started moving the rest of Eden's belongings upstairs. This is also an ongoing process.

While I was working on these things Doug built a bed frame for us. It is amazing.





This weekend we are able to enjoy General Conference which makes us happy. In between sessions I have been sewing diapers. Over the last several weeks we have been working on transitioning to cloth diapers. It has been hit and miss as we figure out what works best for Eden and is also doable for me. After much trial and error our favorite diaper is a t-shirt. Yup, stinky old t-shirts recycled as diapers. The only problem is that neither of us have the patience to fold the shirt each time so I have spent the last couple days figuring out the best way to sew "pre-folded" t-shirt diapers.





Some final notes from this week. I am working hard to get back on track with some of the goals that I made when Eden was born. Including getting dressed and exercising each day. I am not doing great yet but am optimistic that I can make this awesomeness happen in my life because it will make me happy and "when Mom is happy everyone is happy" and I. Am. Mom.

Which is still weird, BTW.

Also, several months ago I donated my wedding dress to this program. This week I received a picture from the amazing seamstress who received my dress. Below is the first Angel Gown made from my dress. After sending my dress in I had occasionally felt a little bit sad and wondered if I did the right thing. Seeing this beautiful little gown and knowing where it is headed and I so glad that I sent them my dress. This picture means so much more to me than a dress bag hanging in the back of my closet.



Finally, Eden has discovered that it is extremely fun to stick her tongue out. Silly baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment