Monday: Peter and Dallas arrived and we went grocery shopping.
Tuesday: We cleaned and cooked and frantically finished present makings. Cried a little because there is still no internet until at least Friday.
Wednesday: Lots of cooking, cleaning, and frantic present making. Also a fabulous Christmas Eve complete with tacos and rootbeer floats. And lots of sweating as it passed 60 degrees outside and 80 degrees in my kitchen.
Thursday: Beautiful, magical Christmas Day. Eden and I went to visit Doug at work and have Christmas morning with him. Then home for some more cooking and preparing and finally to the airport to meet the fabulous DeFords who arrived exactly on time no problems at all. Home for an amazing dinner by Peter and Dallas and skyping with Sister Emily DeFord who shared a special announcement with the family. Then presents and pie and familial happiness all around until bedtime.
Friday: The DeFords headed to Daryl and Katie's house while Peter and Dallas headed back to Baltimore and Eden and I took naps then cleaned the house party Christmas chaos.
Saturday: The post packing, moving, unpacking, cleaning, planning, cooking, hosting calm was weird. Then my family came back and we stayed up too late and it all began again.
Sunday: We all went to church and then stopped by base to have lunch with Doug before a relatively relaxing afternoon and the drive to Baltimore.
Now for the "little" notes I have been saving for nearly 4 months:
I have turned into a crazy person. Basically all songs, movies, commercials and children's books make me cry.
Throwing up in the shower is disturbing cathartic.
I could not eat yams at Thanksgiving or Christmas because the smell of them makes me sick.
I hate choosing new doctors. Especially in New Jersey.
I had to have 12 vials of blood drawn in one sitting. 4 pokes and a month long bruise. The next guy did one poke, no wiggling and left no bruise. It ranks in the top 10 best moments of my life.
I love the lack of stairs at my new house and so do my rapidly loosening hips.
Doug bought me new shoes for Christmas with memory foam insoles and I will not be taking them off until June.
Also in June the fabulous only my sister then Emily DeFord will be coming to stay with me.
I extra love sweatpants because my regular pants don't fit.
Socializing Eden so she stops hitting other children is moving further up my list.
My brain is a little stupid and only ordered 1 copy of our Christmas card instead of 10. So we mailed some mini printed versions and I have attached a copy for all of you who didn't see it:
No comments:
Post a Comment