Sunday, July 24, 2016

Time Flies...

...No matter what you are doing.

I knew that I missed one week but apparently it was actually two. Don't worry-I have not just been neglecting blogging I only talked to my mom twice in an entire week!? She was concerned that I was avoiding her. Rest assured I was not avoiding her or my blog we have just been hecka busy doing all sorts of things that I seem to have forgotten and mostly I have no idea it has just been a lot of extra little things here and there that somehow turn into I am completely out of funk with my schedule and half a month has flown by unnoticed.

My dad came out this past weekend and it was AWESOME! Eden was so So SO seriously though SO excited to have her Grandpa here and is still asking for him constantly. This morning while she was waiting for me to let her out of her room she called for her daddy, then reminded herself daddy was at work and switched to "Grandpa save me" "Grandpa" "Eden love Grandpa". It is pitiful and adorable but while he was here just straight up adorable. We even took a mini roadtrip with Grandpa to see Daryl. The Daryl visiting was great. The roadtripping is maybe something that we will not be attempting again very soon. Lies-we are trying again on Saturday after flying to Minnesota on Friday!...hopefully they will be tired enough that both of those 3.5 hours of torture will go smoothly...

Well I apparently never managed to post this...or the one that I started a week ago (it had a bout a sentence...) so here we go again!

Minnesota was amazing. It has magically jumped in our 2nd most awesome place to live when we are actual grown ups and maybe have a little bit of a choice. The trip was a little crazy and there was not enough sleep but it was awesome, none the less. The highlights include the Como Zoo and Amusement Park area, super size family dinner with cribbage, driving to Duluth and Lake Superior and riding a four person bicycle cart thing, 30+ person restaurant crashing, Mall of America, more family dinner with corn hole and more cribbage and cousins dragging cousins in a toy car up a hill and letting them fly down repeatedly, cute puppies and loving dogs and meeting lots and lots of amazing people.

We had amazing experiences with the USO in Philadelphia and with the AFSC in Minneapolis. We flew Spirit Airlines which is cheap but can be a little risky and had a great experience minus we lost our duffel bag on the way home which contained ALL of our clothes. And when I say ALL I mean I have worked really hard at minimizing for the last two years and Scott had nothing but a diaper until I did some laundry. Thankfully we have awesome friends and Kohl's is great and everyone is clothes now and I have two new Captain America shirts and a work out shirt with a hamburger on it-take that skinny people! ;-)

We are getting back into our hiking flow and planning playdates and just being our happy, little selves with nothing major going on for about a month and that is pretty awesome.

And a TON of pictures. Without captions because I am tired and seriously this isn't even all of them because I think I used Doug's phone a lot but it is enough to pretend that I am caught up enough that next week we can just move on!




































No comments:

Post a Comment