Sunday, June 21, 2015

Overdue


When I was 5-6 days past Eden's due date I shared this:

"Now for my tantrum. Pregnancy is hard. It can be kind of miserable. I know that I have spent a good deal of the last months very miserable. I was sick, I was tired, I was starving, I couldn't eat, I was uncomfortable...in all of the different ways. It is also stressful. I stressed about doing things right, having something go wrong, not gaining enough weight, gaining too much weight at the same time, not getting enough nutrients, going into early labor, to induce or not and probably about a zillion other things. Now, as I explained last week I am finally to a place where I can let all those things go. I don't have to stress any more because it is ok. I am not worried about being over due. I am not miserable (that is relative because I can't feel my feet 90% of the time and contractions hurt and everything else). I know that everyone goes through different things while they are pregnant. Everyone has a harder time at different points. What I am having a hard time with now is being labeled by all of your experiences because we are not the same and that is ok. So please stop."

Once again I am overdue. And once again I am not worried. This has been a relatively easy pregnancy. I am feeling fine. My baby boy is healthy and growing and he will be born when he is ready. Ready may include some help from the doctor and that is ok too. Due dates are approximate and being late is completely and entirely normal. Inductions happen. I had preterm labor with Eden and eventually went into actual labor and eventually still had to have help getting her out. We were both fine. Baby Boy and I will be fine as well. I appreciate everyone's concern and sympathy. I am not nearly as worked up as I was with Eden but I still don't need your apologies :)

Moving on.

This week has been a flurry of getting things done. Last week Doug's work schedule changed! Finally! He switched from working 12 hour night shifts to 8 hour swing shifts. Translation he now works from 4 to midnight Monday through Friday. It is awesome. He is home during the day and only working 8 hours! Amazing pants!

So...getting things done. Mr. Baby has a bed with repaired sheets on it (sheets I have been meaning to fix since before Eden was born). Eden (and Emily's) dresser is painted! It should have been done a week ago but it turns out painting and humidity are not friends...I have a couple of meals in the freezer and LOTS of groceries in the fridge, cupboards, pantry, etc. I finally actually packed a hospital bag-kind of important. We have been doing a major house clean out which makes me feel so nice and happy inside. Then there is the actually getting rid of the cleaned out things but they are in the shed so there is no rush there. I got a manicure and pedicure so that was happy. And probably about a jillion other things. Right now there are approximately 7 things left on my list--I am great at adding new things as it gets low :)

We have also been doing a good amount of walking and playing outside and having fun in general. Thursday Emily, Eden and I went to the aquarium. We had lots of fun showing Emily all of our favorite things and she even got to feed a stingray! Eden really liked the stingray tank as well and splashed in it quite a bit-one of the rays even came lapping out of the water trying to touch her fingers! She also got to touch a starfish! We also got to go "behind the scenes" and see what the big ocean tank looks like from the top! It was so cool and SO ginormous! Definitely the best of the sea turtles who are usually swimming around the top though. Also some pretty awesome dorsal fin action.

Update from Friday: Add to the completed list-house is completely gone through and cleaned out! Doug started a new project to take out the hall closet and turn it into an office. So far closet is out, space is clean and plans are made. Also the garden spot that I meant to dig up in the spring (technically it IS still spring...) and plant flowers in but then didn't because it seemed crazy for a pregnant person is officially dug and planted. I mean really-what could happen? I might go into labor. Bring it on. Last night I also got compulsively extra clean out-y so I organized all my computer folders, went through my saved tabs and cleaned out my email. Yay!

Best part of Friday though was definitely mail time. I got a fabulous box from Daryl and Katie. In case you don't know Katie is the most amazingly talented person ever! She made an adorable owl hat, a doll with her own frog hat, a "snort" with little shovel complete with teeth and the most fabulous dinosaur-who comes apart as a super cool puzzle! Did I mention they are all crocheted? Yeah! I told you she was cool!
Well we made it to Sunday-41 weeks for those of you counting. Saturday was fabulous. We got more and more things done. Doug and I went on a date :) There was rain. Today has been a nice and relaxing and happy Father's Day but with only two hours left I do not think Doug will be getting a son as his gift. Good thing I bought him a ton of candy, dressed it up all cute and then made cheesecake!
I want to write a whole big thing about Father's but I think this post is long enough and I am excited to add some thoughts that I think that I might have about fathers next week. I am excited for Doug to get to be apart of his son's birth and hope that it is a wonderful experience for all of us. It shouldn't take too long now since I have an induction scheduled for sometime tomorrow-probably. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment