Am I magically a super chill person? Nope.
Am I so super prepared because I did this recently? Not so much.
Am I just SO overwhelmed handling Eden that I haven' had time to prepare? Not really.
The truth? I am occasionally a little bit smart.
You see when I was pregnant with Eden I was worried that she was going to come early anyway so then when everyone started asking those questions I thought. Huh, maybe I should get some things ready. Also there was some amount of boredom since I wasn't working anymore and Doug was away. So I got things ready. It was awesome. I was SO proud and I felt really good for a while.
But then.
This super crazy hormone caused insanity called nesting set in...but I had no nest to care for. I wasn't living in my own home to clean. I wasn't in charge of cooking or preparing and I had already set up all the baby stuff. But that urge needs to be satisfied so I cleaned and recleaned my fish tank and my bathroom. I arranged and rearranged everything Eden and I owned. And eventually I even took my pregnant self out to our storage unit and organized it. Not a great choice for me at all but an especially poor one for pregnant me.
So fast forward to this year. I have put off basically every preparation possible. I have chosen to watch movies and do play games and take naps and do a bazillion other non time sensitive tasks. I have listed and listed out things that I ought to do before Mr. Baby's arrival and then ignored them. Why?
Because I knew this week would come. I knew that one day I would go crazy if I couldn't get get all the things cleaned and ready and prepared. Because occasionally I like to think a head.
So this week that hormonal induced psychosis struck and conveniently enough Doug had a couple days off work. So since about Friday when nothing was really ready now my bedroom has been cleaned out, rearranged and cleaned. Mr. Baby has a bed and a dresser (full of clean clothes). A place for his swing and an almost complete changing area. Eden's dresser is sanded down and ready for finishing touches and my car has been vacuumed BEAutifully (thanks to my fabulous and patient husband for both of those). Our shed has been organized and cleaned out and well, you can walk into it and move around. Crazy stuff. We have started a new family budget program and paid off a couple of loans (MY CREDIT SCORE PASSED THE 800 MARK THIS WEEK!). I have snacks and diapers on hand for at least a month.
Is there more to do? Of course. I want to finish cleaning out the bathroom and hopefully going through a few more long term boxes in the shed. I am going to try to convince my husband to go on a going through spree of his own. Our futon sheets need cleaned so that the spare bed can go out on it in the shed so that Emily's bed can be uncovered. Pack'n'Play sheets need to be patched and maybe I can get a few extra meals into the freezer. Oh yeah, and after we pick Emily up from the airport ON TUESDAY the car seat needs to go into the car. There are probably other things on the list and I will keep powering through like a crazy person until the post nesting must sleep until I am not fat anymore hormone kicks in and then I will do exactly what my body tells me to and everything else will work itself out (which I can be completely calm about because MY SISTER WILL BE HERE)!
Hopefully these two snugglies survive the insanity!
No comments:
Post a Comment