Monday Doug forgot to pick up formula on the way home
Later Monday I begged Doug to come to the store with me even though he was super tired from working all night
Very soon later the car dies and starts and dies again
Tuesday Turns out the car was sabotaged during some previous repair
Still Tuesday Cost to repair...way too much
Wednesday we get stranded about a quadruple times while trying to rent a car
Wednesday and Thursday We try to hold previous breakers responsible
Dealership in Utah gives us the run around
Other Utah dealership "has no electronic files from 2011 and can't find anything on our car in the physical paperwork"
Friday we research buying a new car
Later Friday we go to the dealership to be informed that all the cars we chose are actually at different lots
Saturday we go to the other lots
First choice car went to auction
Second choice car was sold
Third choice car is the opposite of sparkling and the salesman was awful
While maybe those things don't sound like blessings to you I am so thankful for them.
I am thankful that I waited until Monday to get formula so that we have a chance to get the car fixed before Doug has to work again. I am grateful that Doug forgot to bring the formula home with him for the same reason. I am thankful that I was a mean jerk face and loaded my tired husband and tired baby into the car so that I didn't have to deal with the car shutting off in the middle of the street all by myself. I am grateful for random Sunday conversations that gave me a person from the ward to call to give us all a ride home (and who also gave me a tip to save an extra $10 on buying formula. Woot woot!).
I haven't figured out exactly how to be grateful for the dealerships in Utah who are making my life so difficult except to think that for some reason we need to be in a different car and since we had decided not to sell Heavenly Father decided to intervene.
I appreciate my parents and the manage at Costco and still more ward members who helped us to rent a car and then pick up said rental.
I am grateful that we didn't go to the first choice car lot on Friday or we might have purchased it. Instead on Friday the man at the dealership drove it up the street to investigate an engine noise, found out the engine was faulty and decided to send it to auction instead of letting us buy it and then being screwed.
I am grateful for all of the sales people/service mechanic people/dealership owners who have been helpful and understanding of the position that we are in. I am especially thankful to one who helped us completely reevaluate what it was we were looking for. I am also grateful that the one sales person who was awful and obnoxious was at the last dealership where might otherwise have rushed into a non-sparkling purchase because it would have worked and we were tired.

Eden at the last dealership on Saturday
Eden loves having her picture taken. She also really loves to eat my phone.
She makes every bad day manageable by being SO ridiculously adorable :)
No comments:
Post a Comment