Sunday, April 20, 2014

2012

So much happened this last week that I do not even know where to begin. Though I am thinking "Monday" would probably be a good start.

Really it should be Sunday but I can't seem to remember much from Sunday so Monday it is. Eden and I got up Monday and prepared for an adventure. Kathy and Jennifer picked us up and away we went. Where to? To Hayden, ID for Sydnee's Bridal Shower. It was a lot of fun especially getting to know Sydnee and her family better. Not to mention that Eden doubled the number of states she has been to, getting pulled over and eating at Cafe Rio. Overall, a good but rather exhausting day.

Tuesday. Tuesday was also exhausting. Tuesday I took Eden in for her two month appointment. The Thrush is finally gone. She is healthy and strong. She weighed in at 10 pounds 6 ounces, was 23.75 inches long and has surpassed her developmental milestones in everything except still being cross eyed on occasion. And then came the shots. I thought I was prepared. I knew she would cry but I also know that getting vaccinated is much better than getting or exposing others to any of those diseases. She did really well in the hospital with her shots and did great with her blood draw the next week so I really thought we would both rock this (I did bring my mom for back up anyway).

As I am sure you can guess from all this build up it did NOT go well. Eden has never cried like that in her life and I hated every single second of it. The worst part was knowing after the first one that I couldn't snuggle and comfort her instead I had to let her get hurt more :( But then it was over and we survived. Eden actually recovered really well and we had a nice calm rest of the day. Lots of snuggles and naps. Wednesday was worse because her legs were sore (you could even see bruises) which made her miserable when she was trying to wiggle about the way she usually does.

Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to the temple with the Yales as Sydnee and her sister took out their endowments. It was wonderful to be with them and to enjoy the temple atmosphere. I haven't been in almost a year because I was having trouble sitting still (and being away from the bathroom) that long while I was pregnant. Four hours later I picked Eden up from my mom and headed home at end another very long but very happy day.

Thursday was my one calm day this week. The only scheduled item was to pick my brothers up from school. I had a great list of things that I needed to get done and had no other time for. Guess show many I did...you are right! None!

Friday quite made up for Thursday. I had a couple of must run errands. I helped with some wedding preparations. Went to a doctors appointment. Had a fantastic Trough Night and then headed to the Yale home for the pre wedding party. We made up the flowers and put together the cakes and picked up the people from the airport. Again a very good but very exhausting day.

And then after not nearly enough sleep the big day arrives. We got up early to get all prettied up and then I headed to the temple for Jason and Sydnee to be sealed. It was wonderful. I love to be in the sealing room. It was a wonderful place filled with so much happiness. We enjoyed a brief pause outside the temple to enjoy the beautiful day while the happy couple changed and then it was pictures, quick lunch, reception set up outside, reception take down and move inside, actual reception, reception take down again, rescue runaway nephew, head home to enjoy Easter traditions with the boys and then finally head to bed.

Which brings us to today...wake up, remember that I never printed the worksheet for or wrote out my plan for my primary lesson, do those things, dress myself, dress Eden, run to church, listen to a BEAUTIFUL Easter program, teach lesson, sing, head home, eat lunch, plan nap (baby wakes up), go to visit the GrandDeFords, come home and play with baby try to go to family dinner, que Eden to finally fall asleep, realize that you are beyond exhausted and give up on the day voting for early bedtime, que Eden to wake up and here we are.

I don't know if you have guessed from my description of the last week but I am beyond drunk tired and Eden's schedule is so messed up I don't even know where to begin. I am going to blame the tiredness but really I could just be nuts but on at least three different days and at least two official documents I have written the year 2012. I do not want to go back to April 2012. I love m life. I love my daughter. I love moving forward even when things are too busy and the time passes too fast. Thankfully this next week should be a little calmer (there is another Yale wedding on Saturday) and hopefully Doug gets to come home which will make all the difference in the world.

Oooo, shout out to my awesome husband that I forgot last week because I am a terrible wife. He was "written up" for Excellence because he won a Drill  Down! Pretty rockin' My nerd self is super impressed and my regular self is just constantly amazed at how super cool he is at pretty much everything!

Eden riding into Idaho. She wore an Auntie Adores Me onesie in honor of her new Aunt Sydnee.

Eden all drugged up post shots. Notice she is wearing blue for TMFWD (so was I!)

This one is just cute :) Also we wear RED on Fridays to "R"emember "E"veryone "D"eployed. Also this is a 3 month size onesie...I had to put all the newborn ones away because she is just so tall I can't snap them anymore :(

Eden loves being in her carrier (now that I have the right one) and I am enjoying having some use of my hands :)

This is my Easter Egg family :)

Eden in her Easter Dress from Grandma Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment